The HSBC Revolution Credit Card used to be subpar — other than the discounted movie tickets, there was nothing noteworthy about it.
Since its revamp though, it’s become one of the best fuss-free cards in the market.
With no annual fees and one of the best reward-to-spending ratios, the HSBC Revolution is an excellent go-to card for every wallet.
Read on to find out about:
|Residential Status||Singaporean / Permanent Resident|
|Age||21 and above|
Applying for the card is easy via Singpass MyInfo. Alternatively, you can manually provide supporting documents such as your NRIC (or passport) and income or bank statements.
Fees and Charges
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9% p.a. ($2.50 minimum)|
|Late Payment Charges||$55|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||3% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Cash Advance Fee||6% of the amount withdrawn or S$15, whichever is higher|
|Cash Advance Interest Rate||28% p.a. until repayment is made in full|
|Foreign Currency Transactions||2.8%|
Features and Benefits
Upfront, there are a few things that make this card worth signing up for:
- No annual fee at all: A good deal for cost-conscious individuals. Cardholders don’t even need to meet annual spending or call up Customer Service to ask for an annual fee waiver.
- Sign-up gift: New applicants can get a Samsonite Prestige 69cm Spinner Exp (worth S670) or S$200 cashback with a minimum spend of S$500 from Card Account Opening Date to the end of the following month. While existing HSBC cardholders can get up to S$50 cashback.
- Generous reward points: Get 10X Reward Points for every dollar spent on online shopping, food delivery, travel bookings, or contactless payments. 1X Reward Points for everything else. Capped at 10,000 Reward points per month.
- Entertainer with HSBC: Over 1,000 1-for-1 dining, entertainment, hotel, and wellness offers globally.
- Complimentary Travel Insurance: Get up to S$300,000 in coverage when you charge travel expenses to your HSBC Revolution credit card.
How to Maximize Reward Points
The HSBC Revolution card gives you:
- 10 Reward Points per dollar spent with online payments, like food delivery and online shopping
- 10 Reward Points per dollar spent with contactless payments
- 1 Reward Point for all other types of spending, at no cap
- 4 miles (or 10 Reward Points) per dollar spent
There’s no minimum spending for you to earn those points, but you can only earn a max of 10,000 Reward Points per month.
In short: this card rewards digitally-savvy shoppers who mostly buy stuff online or make contactless payments instead of carrying cash around.
And those 120,000 Reward Points per year can redeem S$450 in dining vouchers — or 48,000 miles. (That’s almost enough for a round-trip ticket to Tokyo!)
Who This Card is Best For
The HSBC Revolution Credit Card is best suited for:
- Spenders who don’t want to have to call in to get their annual fees waived
- Travel hackers looking to optimise their spending for mileage
- Digitally-savvy shoppers who want a card they can link virtually to their mobile phones
- Shoppers who incur around S$1,000 every month in online shopping and contactless transactions